Comparison of urinary albumin-creatinine ratio and albumin excretion rate in the … ACR and AER were compared using Bland-Altman plots, … Statistical; Predictive Value of Tests; Reproducibility of Results; Sex Factors; Time …
How to use the overnight urine bottles
You have been given three urine bottles. These bottles are essential for further
assessment of the way your child’s kidneys are working.
It is important that these instructions are followed, otherwise the tests will have to be
The test is to be carried out over 3 consecutive nights. A different bottle should be
used each night.
1. Your child should use the toilet as normal during the day.
2. They should empty their bladder in the toilet before going to bed. Write the
time and date that they do this on one of the bottles where it says ‘Collection
started at __:__ on __/__/__’.
3. If your child has to get up to pass urine during the night then they should
collect this in the bottle.
4. In the morning, when they pass urine for the first time, they should do so into
5. Close the bottle. Write the